How To Make Your Carpet Last Longer?
It’s a fact that the more you take care of something, the longer it will last. Carpets are no exception to this fact. It has been observed that properly cleaned and well-maintained carpets last 2 to 3 times longer. What is the secret? How to do it? All these problems are answered in this article. We have compiled some effective tips and strategies to make your carpet look fresh for years. Check them out:
Get rid of the dirt
Dirt is the biggest enemy of your carpet. Its particles settle deep inside the carpet with foot traffic, and cut the carpet fibers, dulling its sheen. To keep your carpet dust free, do following things:
1. Vacuum regularly: Try to vacuum your carpet every other day. If that’s not possible or you feel there isn’t much foot traffic on your carpet, do it at least twice a week.
2. Vacuum at right speed: Don’t rush it. Use slow passes over areas with high-traffic and quick passes over low traffic areas. Slow vacuuming removes dirt properly even from the deep fibers.
3. Use foot mats: Keep walk-off mats both, inside and outside your main entrance to keep the dirt outside your home. Use rough-textured, dense mats outside to get rid of soil from shoes and keep water-absorbent mats inside to soak water and save carpet from wet spots.
Although a professional carpet cleaning services would perform this task much better than you, if you don’t have that much cash to spend, learn proper DIY techniques before trying anything. Here are some DIY tips for you so that you don’t ruin your carpet:
Clean the carpet before it becomes unbearably dirty. Don’t wait for the carpet to start looking dull. Vacuum before and after cleaning.
Crucial step, not to be missed.
1. Remove the furniture: It helps in thorough cleaning of the carpet. If your furniture is too heavy, place aluminum foil under and around the furniture legs to prevent the transfer of rust or color from furniture to the wet carpet.
2. Let it dry: DIY equipment is not very efficient and could leave dampness on the carpet, which is a perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. So, dry the carpet completely by any means possible before reusing it.
Clean the stains immediately
1. Act fast: If you act quickly, 99 percent chances are that you can remove the stain. The longer it stays, the harder it gets to remove it.
2. Use water first: Don’t go for harsh chemical cleaners. 80 percent of stains can be removed just by using water.
3. Don’t rub or scrub: Always blot the stained area. Rubbing and scrubbing can damage the carpet fibers.
A professional carpet cleaning services is always the best choice
Professional carpet cleaning services have the proper equipment and cleaning solutions to work. Their pros are well trained and experienced to handle your carpet with care. Carpet experts recommend that you must get your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year.