How To Clean Wool Carpet
How To Clean Wool Carpet – If that’s what you’re looking for, then we have an easy solution in this article to remove all sorts of stains and clean your wool carpet. Wool carpets have been a popular choice for centuries not only because of their beauty but also because of their durability, resistance to staining and soiling and natural safety properties. Prompt attention to any spillage is the key to how to clean wool carpet, because if left unattended, it may quickly penetrate deep into the carpet fibers making it almost impossible to remove. Careful stain removal as compared to chaotic attempts is paramount to avoid stain from spreading further and setting permanently deep into the padding, color fading and damaging the texture.
Below are the basic steps followed to how to clean wool carpet:
1. If it’s a dry spill, immediately remove it using a spoon or a blunt knife and if it’s liquid in nature, blot it up using paper towels. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the area to prevent the spill from spreading further on the carpet. Always work from outside towards inside in a dabbing or blotting motion.
2. Depending on the stain type, use the appropriate stain removal method:
a. Chewing gum: chill the gum using ice cubes or any other freezing agent. Once frozen simply scrape it off. Next, mix 5 tbsp of mild detergent and 1 tsp of vinegar in a liter of warm water and apply it to the area.
b. Coffee: apply the cleaning solution of 5 tbsp of mild detergent and 1 tsp vinegar in 1 liter warm water and blot the area well.
c. Nail polish: clear it by using a nail polish remover without lanolin.
d. Urine: first clean with water. Next apply the same cleaning solution as above and blot the area.
3. Once the stain is gone, blot the area using paper towels to absorb any remaining moisture. Dab it, do not rub it, as that may alter the carpet texture.
4. Finally place a stack of paper towels with a weight and allow it to dry. You may use a hair dryer to dry it quickly or turn on the fans. Do not walk until the carpet is completely dry. Vacuum to restore the carpet’s fluffy texture.
5. However, if the stain is unresolved, call up professional cleaners to work on the stain.Tags: carpet, how to clean, wool