Nowdays, carpets are very popular in every home. Carpet is the most practical, versatile and fashionable option of flooring. In addition, carpets account for more than half of all flooring purchases that are made each year. As a matter of fact, carpet has outsold all other types of flooring for more than 60 years.
Most quality carpets have excellent wear properties, which means that many years of comfortable service can be expected if the right carpet is selected in the first instance. Carpet gives you a number of advantages that other flooring choices can’t contest. Here are 11 features that carpet will add to any home.
1. Carpet is an excellent option for your family room, bedroom and other rooms where you want warmth underfoot.
2. Carpet will provide an additional layer of insulation between the floors of your home. Depending on the carpet weight and density, it contributes to the R-value of your home. Insulation is important in a home, especially during the cold winter months. Because of its warming qualities, homes with carpet often save money on their energy bills.
3. Safety covers two aspects – reduced slippage, especially when wet, and a decrease in stress on joints The soft resilient fibres of a carpet provide a cushioning effect and excellent orthopedic properties.
4. Reduction in sound is another benefit of using a carpet. It helps absorb noise from stereos and televisions. If you have a multi-story house, then the carpet will reduce the noise and the sound of footsteps for the rooms below. Carpet dampens noise in 3 ways:
– Reducing surface noise from foot traffic.
– Blocking sound transmission.
– Absorbing airborne sound.
These qualities are very useful in apartments.
5. If you want to camouflage any damage to the floor or put out of sight any other problems, like warped floors, just add a carpet.
6. Carpets are easy to care for. They are very stain resistant, which makes cleaning even the worst possible spills easier.
7. Several studies discovered that carpet can improve the quality of air by trapping allergy causing dust and allergens.Allergies due to carpeting are unknown. The myth that carpets promote dust-mite allergies is untrue, because these are attributable to the faeces of the house-dust mite – the actual allergen itself. Bedding and bed linen contain up to 70% more house-mites than carpets. Regular vacuuming and cleaning, together with adequately ventilated and dry rooms, means that it is virtually impossible for a carpet to contain, entrap or transmit allergens.
8. Carpets offer variety of use. You can effortlessly add carpet to stairs, steps, posts, walls, and other non level surfaces.
9. You can choose from many thousands of carpet styles and colors. That means your ultimate choice will reflect how you want to personalize your living space. Carpet can be a neutral foundation, or it can be a focal point with vibrant colors and stronger bolder patterns and textures.
10. Carpets are not expensive if you take into account that they are an economical alternative to the other types of costly flooring. You won’t pay near as much as you would for hard surfaces. More than that, since carpets last so long, they are considered a good investment. This means that banks are willing to provide loans for carpeting your house because they know that it will only serve to increase the value of your home. For example, the loan experts at BB&T note that a home equity line of credit through BB&T is an “increasingly popular way for homeowners to finance renovations, upgrades and other home improvements, all while increasing their homes’ overall value and attractiveness to potential buyers—even in the tightest of markets.” So, don’t let money be an object when you want to upgrade your house and get some carpets.
11. Today’s carpets are extremely durable and can live longer than most other types of flooring. All you need to do is choose a carpet that has a life span of 5 – 30 years.